Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Parade

On the coldest night of the year thus far, we decided to attend the Christmas Parade! Boy, it was cold!! The parade was beautiful but the start time was delayed 40 minutes and I think it was probably just as long as the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. All of these things combined made for a very pleasant experience!


This is the Christmas Tree in the center of downtown. It was quite a magical scene even though the picture doesn't do it justice.


Maddie adored all of the Christmas decorations and lights. She had to check them all out.



This picture is precious to me. She stared at this deer for the longest time. It was one of those moments where you would love to know what she's thinking.


She really love the star on top of the big tree. Here she is telling Daddy all about it.


As we waited patiently for the parade to start the cold weather really started to set in!


It was soooooo cold!!!



Maddie really did enjoy the parade for the most part. I think next year she'll really be into it and maybe it won't be so cold.


I wanted to share some pictures of the actual parade with all of you. As I said earlier in this post it was an extremely long parade but we saw some of the most interesting floats I have ever seen! Enjoy!



I didn't get a clear picture of it but a man dressed as a Christmas tree and is "skiing" on roller blades behind this boat!!



Thomas the Train


This was the Sheriff Department's float and that would be the Grinch in jail. Precious!!



This float was hilarious! I'm not really sure what its purpose was in the parade but it definitely gave us a good laugh!



This was my favorite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment