Sunday, July 4, 2010

Maddie's Room

Yes, I'm finally posting pictures of Maddie's room!! I began this summer project the first week of my summer vacation because I had a feeling it may take me a while. I was able to finish in just a few days with help from wonderful grandparents who offered to keep Maddie during the process! It is still a work in progress...I've finished painting, sewing curtains for the window as we speak, and waiting to move in the rest of the furniture when Maddie moves out of her crib. Until then here is a sneak peek!


I wanted to go with a garden theme so I started with a white picket fence and then added the tree and flowers over the fence.




I took a little inspiration from Grandmother and Papa's garden. My favorite part of their garden is the white arbor Papa built. I wanted to find a way to incorporate that arbor in to her room so this is what I came up with. I plan to put the head of her bed on this wall under the arbor.



I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this project but I think it turned out well overall. This was definitely a labor of love! So, I would love comments on this one.....Let me know what you think!!!

1 comment: